Nonviolent Crisis Prevention & Intervention Training (CPI) focuses on prevention and equips individuals with proven strategies for safely defusing anxious, hostile, or violent behavior at the earliest possible stage.
Highlights of CPI training include:
- Reducing the risk of injury
- Complying with legislative mandates
- Meeting regulatory/accreditation standards
- Improving staff retention
- Minimizing exposure to liability
- Promoting care, welfare, safety, and security
Program objectives are broken into Units I-VII with an emphasis on preventive techniques. Unit VIII focuses on team intervention including staff attitudes and professionalism. Units IX-X provide opportunities for role-playing and postvention (finding ways after a crisis to help avoid a future event).
- Initial Certification Training
- All school personnel involved in physical restraint must receive annual training on de-escalation techniques and the use of appropriate restraint and professionally accepted practices in physical management and the use of isolation and seclusion.
- Re-certification Training
- For administrators, teachers, and staff who have previously been trained in CPI.
Certification training can be held at your school district for fees plus travel expenses. Contact Kali Binkley at 573-230-9159 or email email@example.com to schedule in-district training sessions.