Sites Receives Award for Excellence in Advising

Sandy Sites
Sandy Sites

The University Professional and Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)  has awarded Sandra Sites, online program coordinator for the Department of Education, School and Counseling Psychology the 2016 award for Excellence in Advising. Sites was chosen for having provided outstanding leadership and service as an advising professional.

Sites received numerous recommendations from former graduate students, including Carlos Blanco, a professor at St. Louis Community College.

Sandy went far beyond her duties as an adviser to the program … . From assisting me to select classes and providing pertinent information regarding course and scheduling changes, to offering me guidance regarding my educational program, Sandy provided me complete, individualized attention to promote my success … .

The award for Sites was one of three Mizzou received. Read more about the awards at Mizzou Online. 

About UPCEA: The University Professional and Continuing Education Association is the leading association for professional, continuing, and online education. Founded in 1915, UPCEA serves more than 400 institutions, including most of the leading public and private colleges and universities in North America. UPCEA also builds greater awareness of the vital link between contemporary learners and public policy issues.