Power to the people who teach, inspire and empower others.
The College of Education & Human Development is the state’s flagship, land-grant college of education. As such, in addition to teaching and research, it has another important mission—to serve the citizens of Missouri and advance education around the world.
The College is proud of its long tradition of serving schools, educators and communities through outreach programs, service learning projects and partnerships.
Our students volunteer thousands of hours in classrooms and communities to help children and young adults reach their academic goals.
Mizzou’s land-grant mission inspires the College of Education & Human Development to work in every type of community, including urban and rural settings.
College leaders and researchers work closely with government agencies, education organizations and private-sector partners to find solutions to the most pressing education issues.
We are proud to support outreach efforts that improve learning opportunities for all.
Centers, Networks and Institutes
- Assessment Resource Center
- Hook Center for Educational Renewal
- Missouri Institute for Positive Coaching
- Center for Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support
Collaborations and Partnerships
- Boone County Schools Mental Health Coalition
- Evidence-Based Intervention Network
- Missouri Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support
- Missouri Writing Project
- MU Partnership for Educational Renewal (MPER)
- MPER Early Career Scholars Program
- Thompson Center for Autism & Neurodevelopment
The world is globally connected. That’s why in recent years the college has increased its efforts to offer more international and intercultural opportunities, programs, and initiatives to enhance the global competency skills of students, faculty and staff.
Learn more about the Office of Global Engagement.