The CEHD Staff Excellence Award is designed to promote and reward outstanding performance by staff in the College of Education & Human Development. The College seeks to recognize employees who exemplify excellence through their daily commitment to MU. It is the hard work and dedication of these staff members that makes our success possible.
Each quarterly recipient of the CEHD Staff Excellence Award will receive a $500 taxable award, a memento/trophy, and an annual lunch with the Dean and other recipients.
Nominations can be made at any time by faculty, staff or students. One awardee is named for each quarter of the year. Quarters are as follows:
- July – September: All nominations received by September 30 will be considered.
- October – December: All nominations received by December 31 and the previous three quarters will be considered.
- January – March: All nominations received by March 31 and the previous three quarters will be considered.
- April – June: All nominations received by June 30 and the previous three quarters will be considered.
- Embodies the values of the College
- Demonstrates work ethic and collegiality
- Makes suggestions for how to improve work processes or environment
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with others
- Contributes positively to their department, the College, and/or the community
- Must be a full time, benefit-eligible College of Education & Human Development staff memberat the time of nomination and award presentation.
- Must be employed for at least one year in a full-time, benefit eligible position at the college.
- Individuals can receive the quarterly award once every 2 years.
Nomination and Selection Process:
- Nominations submitted will be considered for 4 consecutive quarters.
- Nominees cannot be self-nominated.
- Nominators are asked to describe how the nominee meets the award criteria. Please be specific and provide examples when possible. Nominations may be brief and should not exceed 800 characters.
- Nominations must be submitted online and will be collected by the Dean’s Office via survey software.
- The Dean and Associate Deans will review the nominations and select a recipient in the month following the end of each quarter.
- The Dean or their designee will present the award as soon as possible following selection of a recipient.
2022 (July – September) – Matt Davis