Handbook for PhD seeking students: contains an overview of the process, requirements, and required forms and resources for the doctoral program.
Qualifying Exam Resource
- Qualifying Examination Results and Doctoral Committee Approval D1 Form
This form indicates a student has taken the qualifying exam and records the committee’s vote.
Program of Study Resources
- Plan of Study D-2 Form
The form that establishes the courses required for a student to get the degree desired.
- PhD Professional Immersion Residency Planning Form
The SISLT Ph.D. residency requirements consist of two parts: Course Enrollment and Professional Immersion. Use this form to plan for the Professional Immersion portion.
- Doctoral Program Planning Sheet Sample
A sample of the form used to plan your doctoral program.
- Doctoral Program Planning Sheet
This form is used to plan your doctoral program.
Comprehensive Exam Resources & Forms
- Comprehensive Exam D-3 Checklist
A checklist that outlines the steps you need to complete in conjunction with your program committee for the comprehensive examination process.
- Comprehensive Exam D-3 Form
The form committee members sign when a student takes comprehensive exams.
Dissertation Process Resources
- Dissertation D-4 Checklist
A checklist that outlines the steps you need to complete in conjunction with your program committee for the dissertation process.
- Three-Article Dissertation Prospectus Supplement
This is a department form that you must fill out and your committee must sign to approve your plan for submitting a three-article dissertation. Please submit this form along with the Dissertation Prospectus and your 3-5 page summary to the SISLT iSchool Student Services Office once completed.
- Dissertation Submission Checklist
This information will help you in preparing to submit your dissertation copy to the Graduate School, 210 Jesse Hall.
- Dissertation D-4 Form
This is the form committee members sign when a Ph.D student completes and defends his/her dissertation.
- Dissertation Data Collection Funding
Funds are available to assist students with collecting data for their dissertation research.
- Advising Aid: Online Coursework to Complement Doctoral Study at the SISLT iSchool
- Change of Committee form
This is the form to submit if you need to make changes to your original committee after you have filed a committee form.
- Conference Travel Support
Students may apply for funds to help cover conference travel expenses.